American Marriage Center
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which insurance companies do you accept?
We accept most insurance plans and will do our best to work with your
2. I’ve never had couple counseling before, how does this work?
We sit down with you and help you to examine and evaluate the issues and
problems. Very often, topics that turn into painful disputes at home can be
discussed and resolved in the presence of a professional.
3. How many sessions do we need?
Each couple is unique so there is no way to estimate how many sessions
are necessary to resolve the conflicts and problems.
4. What if my spouse or partner doesn’t want to come for counseling?
If one partner or spouse does not want to come for counseling, we can
often help the whole couple by strategizing with the person who does come
for marital counseling. Also, if one partner comes by themselves, the other
person will eventually come also.
5. Do you see couples who are not married?
Couple counseling is for all couples, whether legally married, dating or
6. Do you do pre-marital counseling?
Pre-marital therapy is very important in averting future difficulties. If
issues are not resolved before marriage, they tend to build up and it
results in more resentment in the future.
7. Do you see people individually?
We also see people who want to come for their own individual issues.
8. Do you work with same sex couples?
Same sex couples have the same relationship problems and difficulties as
heterosexual couples and can greatly benefit from therapy and couple
9. Do you see children or families?
We work with adolescents and young adults who are having problems both
within their family and in their own lives.